The State of the Educator Address

This educator is tired. I mean tired, tired. I realize I'm singing to the choir, but I feel like this is the most tired I have ever been since giving birth and having babies up at all hours of the night. The paper work deadlines, mundane tasks, and irrelevant minutia is filling every single frickin' second of my day. 
Did I mention that I'm tired?

Then there's the news. My district has been in the national news the past few days. Yes...my district has the children that have been possibly exposed to the ebola virus. In fact at least one of the students attends the high school that is in my school's feeder pattern. Three more children were removed from a neighboring district's elementary school which also is only a few miles from my school. At this point my scary dreams come into play. I dreamed that my school was a triage area for ebola victims. People were falling out all over the place, and I was there with my daughter (who was little in the dream...17 in reality). I was trying to get the heck out of Dodge, and one of my colleagues kept telling me that I couldn't leave until I submitted my attendance. I was like "to hell with the attendance..I'm outta here". I get out to my car, and ISIS is running around chasing people. OMG!! No more news for me before bedtime.
How is that for anxiety? 

Yesterday, after the kiddos went home, very strong storms whipped through the Dallas area knocking out the power at the school. So I went home, and as usual woke up this morning and headed out to work. I had only gone a few miles when my phone rang. It was my teamie, Churl. No School!! Power was out at 36 (or something like that) schools. I turned that little Ford around and hauled my butt right back home and into the bed. 

Thanks for the call Churl!

Y'all have a great weekend.
Karen

No comments

Back to Top