All Hail the Sub!

This past week I was surprised by a visit from the friendly neighborhood stomach virus. It hit me at about 8:00 p.m on Monday. YIKES! I was already scheduled to be out on Wednesday for off campus planning, which meant I would have gotten something ready for the sub on Tuesday. But... I was busy at home trying to keep my intestines inside my body rather than out. My student teacher worked everything out for Tuesday, but Wednesday she is not there and there was nothing ready for Thursday's sub.

Let me backtrack a bit and tell you what kind of subs I like: Experienced. My school has a preferred sub list and most of the people on the list are retired teachers. They are a hot commodity, especially the teachers that actually retired from our school. They know the ins and outs. Now, if I can't get one of those subs, then I have another type of sub I like: Grumpy. The kids are usually just a tad bit frightened of acting up with the grumpy ones. And I had a grumpy sub scheduled for Wednesday.

So, I placed a quick call to my teamie Churl, and she got the kiddos work from the copy room and the sub was all set up. Things went smoothly, I made it to off-campus planning on Wednesday, and returned to work on Thursday, though still walking a bit slowly and with aching stomach muscles. 

Usually I place work completed with a sub straight into the recycling bin, but when I started perusing the "stuff" on my desk....Look what I found!!! Grumpy Sub had all of the work completed and had assigned these super cute posters, and they are really good! Some of them are also pretty funny. Check them out.

Love the use of the sign to make sure the viewer understands why it is potential energy.
How cute is this?
This is also pretty cute, especially that little wiggle!!
What's the deal with that lightbulb?
This one is just awesome.

But my absolute favorite is the little section of this boy's poster that is demonstrating light energy. I cracked up when I saw this. This little guy is from a family of five boys: 5th grade, 4th grade, 3rd grade, 1st grade, and a toddler. They are all super well-behaved....at school.
Oh my goodness.

Grumpy Sub, you ROCK!

Y'all have a great week!
karen




No comments

Back to Top