Meet the Teacher!

Happy Monday! It's almost that time...back to school. (no exclamation point.) I report on the 18th, so this is my last week of vacation. Is there a lack of entusiasm in my voice? I love my job, I'm just not ready. Anyway on to other things. I'm linking up with Stephanie from Falling Into First for this fun linky: Meet the Teacher Blogger!

So here is a little about me. I've been teaching about 20 years (give or take...I took a few years off when my kids were little). I've been married for 23 years to a good guy named Mike, and we have two teenagers, three cats, three pet dogs, five livestock dogs, three goats, and about one hundred twenty-five head of sheep. Yep. I live on a farm.

Q& A Session
 
 THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
coffee, reading, Sonic Happy Hour drinks, history, large dipped cones from the Dairy Queen, not cooking eating out, the great state of Texas, gardening, flowers, classic rock, Mexican food, stopping to read random historical markers on the side of the road, tomatoes, cheese, and noodles of any kind.

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
Maybe a historical novelist or a historian or a time traveller (right).

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
I'll give you two (sort of): Easy-Going, Smart@$$, 

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "I love test-data meetings!",  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and my brother that passed away four years ago so I could tell him good-bye.

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?
If She Can Do It...So Can You!

 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
I wish I could wiggle my nose like Elizabeth Montgomery from Bewitched (I'm showing my age) and my house would be clean, my cupboard & fridge would be stocked, and there would be a hot delicious meal ready that everyone in the house approves of.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?
"I don't have to agree with you to like and respect you."

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 
Maybe something by Janis Joplin?

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
That depends on what part of the year...School year or summer time. Right now as I type it is almost 11:00 am, and I'm still trying to get it going.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?
Like a several other bloggers that posted on this I always really like my most recent product. But my all-time favs would have to be my math centers & task-cards:
Place Value: Ones, Tens, Hundreds - Steppin' It Up with Pl   Geoboard Task Cards - Fun with Area, Perimeter, Multiplica   Polygons: Task Cards and Activities
and these freebies:
Tangram Puzzles: Dino-Grams   Monsta-Grams Tangram Puzzles
Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU!
I have had an odd fascination with old cemeteries my whole life. I love to walk through them an read the epitaphs. A few of my colleagues learned of this when we went to the NSTA conference in Boston last April. Our hotel was right downtown, and there were these really cool and really old cemeteries everywhere. My poor teamies got dragged through them with me, who knows what they said about me when we got back to school! 


Now it's your turn! Click on the image below to link up!


Y'all have a great week!
karen



No comments

Back to Top